Thursday, July 21, 2011

City Layout: GOLD & FOOD

As I promised in my last post, I am posting city layouts. I have layout for food and gold since they have similar needs within the game. You will need a lot of both resources, and not have enough cities producing them. So, why not make the best layout for the most production of these resources.


Gold City You want to put your gold city on water because harbors actually give a better increase percentage on taxes from town homes. Your layout my be slightly different due to node placements.

I start all my cities by building 20-30 cottages first (after you have more than 2-3 cities this becomes easier). If you are building your first city, build up your resources first. Then a city like the gold or food city can be very easy.

Food City Layout A food city needs to have a Moonglow Tower (MGT), and markets. I use 3 because at 120,000hr production rate, you will need a lot of carts to transport the food to other cities. You will also need  the MGT to purify any resources if you are attacked by an opponent.


All cities need to have a MGT as a defensive measures anyways. If you fail to have a MGT and/or markets in your city. You will be opening up your city to be plundered many times. I will go over the different types of attacks at a later date (including plunder).

You can use these layouts if you like of you can open the City Flash Planner and tweak the layouts. I have several cities that produces 120,000 food per hour. As you progress in the game, you will use large amounts of food to feed your armies.

UP NEXT:
RESOURCE  LAYOUTS
and
RESOURCE HUBS

No comments:

Post a Comment